Get Ready to Give For Good – $40,000 Matching Pool Will Help SoIN Nonprofits!
Are You Ready to Give For Good?
$40,000 in Matching Funds Makes September 14 a Great Time to Make an Impact on Our Community!
Southern Indiana is wonderful place to live, work and play. We care about each other and lend a hand when others are in need. This is why the Community Foundation of Southern Indiana, Bales Foundation and Horseshoe Foundation of Floyd County have sponsored Give For Good Louisville.
Give For Good Louisville is hosted by the Community Foundation of Louisville and has turned in to the biggest day of local giving. It’s a chance for everyone in our community to be a philanthropist. Through gifts big and small, together we can make a major impact on our community.
Last year, 28 nonprofits in Clark and Floyd counties raised over $87,000 through Give For Good Louisville! And this year, it’s going to be even bigger and better!
Because of last year’s success and the feedback we heard from our nonprofit partners, the Community Foundation of Southern Indiana is being joined this year by the Bales Foundation and Horseshoe Foundation as these three partners provide a total of $40,000 in proportional matches to Southern Indiana nonprofits!
The Community Foundation of Southern Indiana will match up to $20,000 for Clark and Floyd county charities, the Bales Foundation, $10,000 for Clark, Floyd and Harrison county charities, and the Horseshoe Foundation, $10,000 for Floyd County registered charities.
So, get ready to make your gift and support our Southern Indiana nonprofits on September 13! And know, that when you make a gift through Give For Good Louisville to support a Southern Indiana nonprofit, we along with the Bales Foundation and Horseshoe Foundation are helping you make an even greater impact by providing additional funds that will help our community continue to grow and thrive.
Which Southern Indiana Nonprofits are Participating?
- Animal Protection Association
- Carnegie Center for Art & History
- Childplace, Inc.
- Children Shouldn’t Hunger
- Christian Academy of Indiana
- Clark County Museum, Inc.
- Clark County Youth Shelter and Family Services, Inc.
- Comfort House Child Advocacy Center
- Communities In Schools of Clark County
- Community Montessori
- Dogs Helping Heroes
- Dove Support Ministry Inc.
- Falls Cities Sertoma Club
- Floyd County Animal Rescue League
- Floyd Memorial Foundation
- Freedom 101: Harrison Education and Literacy Program
- Friends of Culbertson Mansion
- Habitat for Humanity Clark & Floyd, Indiana
- Haiti 323 Project
- Homeless Coalition of Southern Indiana
- Hope Southern Indiana
- Jacobs Well, Inc
- Kans for Kids
- Let Us Learn, Inc
- LifeSpan Resources, Inc.
- Mark Sullivan Animal Care Foundation
- Miles for Merry Miracles
- New Albany Floyd County Education Foundation
- New Hope Services, Inc.
- Open Door Youth Services
- Our Place Drug and Alcohol Education Services, Inc.
- Personal Counseling Service, Inc.
- Rauch, Inc.
- Southern Indiana Pro Bono Referrals, Inc.
- St. Elizabeth Catholic Charities
- The BreakAway Corp
- The Falls of the Ohio Foundation, Inc.
- Town Clock Church
- Wildlife in Need, Inc.
If you have any questions, please give Kenton a call at (812) 948-4662 or email him at email@example.com.
Time Is Running Out to Apply for Four Year Lilly Endowment Scholarships!
High school seniors throughout Clark and Floyd counties can now apply to receive generous, well-earned four-year scholarships through the Community Foundation of Southern Indiana. The scholarships are the result of a statewide Lilly Endowment, Inc. initiative to help Indiana students attain higher levels of education.
Two students each from Clark and Floyd Counties will be selected to be Lilly Endowment Community Scholars and receive the gift of a four-year scholarship. In addition to full tuition to the accredited Indiana college or university of their choice, the students will receive a $900 annual stipend for books and equipment.
The Lilly Scholarship online application is available on the Community Foundation’s website at www.cfsouthernindiana.com and all applications must be submitted by noon on September 10.
Help us share this great opportunity with area seniors!