73,000 People! Cheers to Another Year of Impact and Good!
As we come to the end of another incredible year, I’m proud of the impact the Community Foundation of Southern Indiana has made in our community.
Each day, we at CFSI work to make this a better community to live, work and play in. Our focus: addressing the needs of our region and helping individuals and businesses accomplish their charitable and financial goals.
Last year, we worked with over 220 individual fund holders to help them do good in our own community, together granting more than $1 million. Some supported their favorite nonprofit, church or alma mater. Others supported the future of our young people by awarding over $300,000 in scholarships!
And at the Community Foundation of Southern Indiana, we used our unrestricted Community Impact Fund to address the greatest needs of our community. Looking at our 2015 Community Needs Assessment, we know the needs of this community and our grantmaking is aimed at having the greatest impact in those specific areas.
Each year, our nonprofits report back to us how they used their grants and the number of people they served. We just received the last of those reports and I’m happy to tell you that in 2016 our grants impacted over 73,000 people here in Southern Indiana!
73,000 people! Last year our grants…
- helped students have access to the arts at Stage One Family Theatre,
- fed the hungry and needy through programs at St. Luke’s United Church of Christ, Blessings in a Backpack and New Roots’ Fresh Stop Markets,
- provided mentoring and learning opportunities through Metro United Way, Greater Clark County Schools, Big Brothers Big Sisters, Girl Scouts of Kentuckiana and New Albany Floyd County Schools,
- supported our community’s health through the Jeffersonville Tree Walk and Norton Healthcare’s Pat Harrison Cancer Center,
- provided for our most basic needs through programs at St. Elizabeth Catholic Charities, New Albany Floyd County Habitat for Humanity, Open Door Youth Services and Choices for Women Resource Center….and so much more!
It’s incredible what we’re doing in Southern Indiana! Thank you for your continued support!