COVID-19 INFORMATION FOR GRANTEES
A Message from Linda Speed, President and CEO
Like you, all of us at the Community Foundation of Southern Indiana are thinking of all of the individuals, families, businesses and communities that have been impacted by COVID-19 (Coronavirus). We are closely monitoring the situation and its effect on our region.
THINGS TO KNOW:
- Our Office is Open. While we continue to work remotely, the Community Foundation’s staff is rotating time in the office to ensure that we are open every day to serve you and our community. We understand this is a difficult time and hope you’ll use the resources available on our website (see below), contact us via email, or leave a voicemail for the appropriate staff person and we will return your message at our earliest convenience.
- Meetings. We remain available to provide personalized services to clients, prospects, grantees and community members no matter where we are. Every member of CFSI has access to voicemail and email and will respond immediately to any issues or concerns. In addition, we are happy to arrange virtual meetings via phone or video conferences, and can take in-person, scheduled appointments when necessary.
- Pathways to Progress Grants Information Sessions. The launch of the Pathways to Progress Grants is currently on hold to address the needs related to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Grants. All grants will continue to be issued. There may be a slight delay in processing these requests should it become necessary for Foundation staff to work remotely. We realize how important these grants are to your organization and will distribute those grants as quickly as possible.
- Assist Grants. As of July 7, 2020 the Community Foundation opened our Community Assist Grant Program after temporarily pausing it to support the immediate needs of our nonprofit partners in the community serving the most vulnerable directly affected by the coronavirus.
- Grant Reporting. All information regarding grant reporting can be found on the Foundation’s website. We understand that you may be working remotely and this could cause delays in completing final grant reports. If you need an extension on your final grant report please submit the Grant Extension Request on our website.
- COVID-19 Relief Grants. Hosted by the Community Foundation of Southern Indiana, the Disaster Relief – COVID-19 Relief Fund will award one-time grants on a rolling basis to non-profits whose operations in support of seniors, children, immigrants, workers and other vulnerable populations have been stressed by the outbreak. The Fund is designed to be adaptable in its goals and focus, which will evolve as community members and nonprofits in our region share their needs. Click here for more information.
It is our promise to serve as this community’s philanthropic partner, resource and steward. We will continue to deliver on that promise. Over the next several weeks, CFSI will continue to monitor the situation and provide updates, when necessary, on our website and social media platforms. This webpage will be updated as more information is available.
We Want to Hear from You
The Community Foundation wants to be aware of the different hardships and risks the COVID-19 is presenting to area families and organizations so that we, in partnership with others, can be knowledgeable and responsive. Please reply to this email if you have thoughts about what we are doing and what we should be doing. If you have any feedback, questions or concerns regarding Community Foundation grants and area needs, please contact Crystal Gunther at 812-948-4662 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Linda S. Speed
President and CEO